THE GOOD SHEPHERD


Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.

shepherd or sheepherder is a person who tends, herds, feeds, or guards herds of sheep. The word stems from an amalgam of sheep herder. 

To tend:means to regularly or frequently behave in a particular way or have a certain characteristic. It means to regulate the behaviour of something or person. The shepherd regulates the behaviour of the sheep.

The shepherd feeds the sheep, he guards the sheep (protects from danger). The good shepherd leads and directs the sheep. 

A good shepherd guards the flocks, guide the flocks, directs the flocks and protects the flocks. 

The Lord is the Good Shepherd. He tends our lives. He regulates everything about our lives. He provides our daily bread. The fact that you can eat today, is a sure indication of the handiwork of God - the Good Shepherd. 

*    The psalmist said: The Lord is my Shepherd. “I shall not want”

The psalmist personalized the Lord as his shepherd, you have to establish a personal relationship with the Lord. Is He your LORD? If He is not Lord of all, then He is not Lord at all.
If you have not receive Him into your heart, you can do that today by accepting Him as your personal Lord and saviour.
Then when you make him your Lord and you Shepherd, you shall not want: you shall not decrease, you shall not be abased in life, and you shall not go down in business, your studies and every other endeavor. The Lord cannot be the most high and you be the most low. For we are seated with Christ in heavenly places.
*    He makes to lie down in green pastures. 
                

     Green pastures is a place of abundance, surplus and freshness. He will make you to lie down, to find a place of rest and satisfaction. The good shepherd will settle you this year in the name of Jesus. He says that if you are planted by the rivers side, your leaves will not wither.  That means your business, ministry, marriage, children will not wither in live. You shall flourish in every side of life in Jesus name.
*    He leads me beside quiet waters,

The Good shepherd takes the lead over your live in the direction, where you enjoy peace and rest of mind. The paths He leads tends toward prosperity and fortune. It is always by the still waters, not the trouble waters. Sheep do not drink from a troubled water. If the water is troubled, they will not hear the master when He calls or speak. So He leads you beside the still waters so that you can hear Him. For my sheep knows my voice….. a strangers voice they will not hear.
You shall hear a still small voice speaking to you saying this is the way.
*     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My declaration/prophesy